We believe that the environment is humanity’s most precious resource. In an age when our natural world is under tremendous pressure, we need advocates who will devote their careers to protecting the environment. Our planet needs champions who affect laws and policymaking across the world, people who will stand up and influence change through advocacy, policy transformation, and action.
Without a doubt, Vermont Law School offers the best environmental policy and law degree programs in the U.S. these programs will equip you with the expertise to address the increasingly complex environmental issues we face as a society.
The online Master of Environmental Law and Policy (MELP) is designed to give both law and nonlaw students a deep knowledge and understanding of the policies and laws shaping global environmental solutions. It will prepare you as a real-world agent of change.
in Environmental Law
The online LLM in Environmental Law is developed for post-JD attorneys seeking to specialize in the practice of environmental law and lead the movement to shape global environmental law and policy.
MELP and LLM residential programs
Vermont Law School was established in 1973 and has gained national recognition as a law school of excellence. This environmental law program has been at the forefront of the field since 1978 and has been ranked #1 by U.S. News & World Report 15 times since the ranking began in 1991. It holds the distinction of being the only program of its kind available on-campus and online. If you are interested in the MELP degree or the LLM degree please fill out the lead form below.
Experience a Top Environmental Law Program
- Join a one-of-a-kind program — Focus on understanding the complexities of environmental law and policymaking and the legal regime that guides our environmental advocacy.
- Learn from the best — Interact with and learn from the stellar faculty of the world’s leading environmental advocates, legal scholars, and practitioners.
- Benefit from Vermont Law School’s top-notch reputation — Enroll in the country’s most prestigious environmental law program with the broadest and deepest curriculum in the nation. Vermont Law School’s environmental law program has earned the #1 ranking in U.S.News & World Report’s Best Grad Schools for the fourth year in a row.
- Choose your area of focus — Concentrate specifically in Climate Change Law and Policy or Energy Law and Policy.
- Become a voice of influence — Prepare yourself to assume key environmental leadership roles in public, nonprofit, and private organizations.